Does the IRS still owe you a $500 stimulus check for your kids? Here’s how to claim it this month 

If you still have not received stimulus check for your child dependents, you can use the IRS Non-Filers tool until the end of September. 

If you didn’t receive the $500 payment for dependents you were owed with your initial stimulus check, you still have time to claim the money from the IRS. You can request the catch-up payment until Sept. 30 by using the IRS’ Non-Filers tool to submit information on your dependents and correct any errors from the first time around.

The IRS said it will issue the catch-up payments by mid-October. If you don’t hit the September cutoff date, then you’ll have to wait until 2021 to claim your stimulus payment on behalf of eligible dependents. However, the IRS indicates that you shouldn’t use the tool yet if you plan on filing a 2019 tax return (for instance, if you filed for an Oct. 15 extension), as it will slow down the process.

Discussions about a second stimulus check are still ongoing, with many hoping that Republican and Democratic leaders can come to an agreement on the next pandemic relief bill.

Here’s what we know about claiming a $500 stimulus payment that was missing from the first round of relief. You can get an estimate for how much you could expect to receive using our stimulus check calculator. And if you still haven’t received your stimulus check, contact the IRS to report a lost or missing payment.

Eligibility requirements for the first stimulus payment

To qualify, the filer must be a US citizen, permanent resident or qualifying “resident alien”. They must also have a valid Social Security number, can’t be claimed as a dependent of another taxpayer and must have an adjusted gross income under $146,500 (heads of household) or $198,000 (married couples filing jointly).

The CARES Act stipulates a $500 allowance per child dependent in addition to the $1,200 cap for single filers and up to $2,400 for couples filing jointly. (We’ve calculated how much money you might be able to get if rules about dependents change for a second stimulus check.)

Here’s how the IRS defines a child dependent — there may be specific details you’ll want to explore if your child dependent is adopted, disabled (of any age) or a citizen of another country.

How do I file for my missing $500 dependent payment with the IRS?

missing stimulus checkTo file for your $500 missing stimulus check, visit the Free File Fillable Forms site, select Get Started and create an account if you haven’t already. Then follow the posted instructions for filling out the form. You’ll need to provide your full name, mailing and email address, date of birth, Social Security number, bank account number (if you have one), driver’s license or state ID (if you have one), each qualifying child’s Social Security number and their relationship to you.

When you’re finished, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Your information will then be sent to the IRS so they can work on getting a check sent out to you, assuming you’re eligible.

How will I receive my missing stimulus check?

You can either choose to have the check sent to you or you can set up direct deposit by providing your bank information. Generally, direct deposit is the quickest way to receive payments, especially with the USPS crisis delaying the mail.

The IRS will mail you Notice 1444 to confirm that it sent a payment of $500 per qualifying child. You’ll want to keep this letter for your records, especially since the letter may arrive at a different time from the payment.

When will I receive my $500 payment?

The IRS says it will begin issuing checks in October for those who meet the application deadline; you shouldn’t need to do anything else. However, if you’d like more information, you’ll be able to track the status of your IRS payment by visiting the IRS Get My Payment webpage. From there, you’ll need to provide your Social Security number, date of birth, home address and ZIP code.

T&H Financial Services provides tax consultancy and tax filing service for businesses and individuals. We help you to approach the best financial option during this crisis. Contact us now for detailed consultancy and A-Z service.

T&H Financial Services tư vấn về khai thuế và nộp thuế cho doanh nghiệp, tiệm nails, nhà hàng, v.v và cá nhân tại Mỹ. Hãy liên hệ ngay với T&H tại đây để được tư vấn về những quyền lợi của bạn trong thời buổi khủng hoảng này.

✨ Facebook:
✨ Twitter:
✨ Instagram:
✨ Linkedin:
✨ Youtube :

Looking for a First-Class Business Plan Consultant?

Tiếng Việt English